National Immunization Awareness Month is observed every August to highlight the importance of vaccination for people of all ages. The CDC has a wealth of resources to assist communication with healthcare professionals, patients, and parents.
The resources for reaching healthcare professionals include key messages tailored to different stages of life. In addition, there are sample social media posts and graphics as well as educational resources and CMEs.
Two NIAM events are scheduled for August:
- Webinar: Strengthening Vaccine Confidence in Pediatric and Family Practice Offices During the COVID-19 Pandemic. This webinar will discuss how to strengthen vaccine confidence among parents and ensure safe well visits.
- August 19,2020 3:00-4:00pm EDT
- Register here
- Instagram Q&A for Parents: Childhood Vaccination. CDC experts will provide near real-time answers to questions about staying up to date on childhood vaccines during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- August 24, 2020 from 12:00-2:00pm EDT
- Hosted on the CDC’s Instagram feed