Measles is a highly contagious infectious disease that can result in severe complications and even death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 1,200 individual cases of measles have been confirmed in 2019 in 31 states—the largest number of cases since measles was eliminated in the US in 2000.
To help combat measles and raise awareness, The National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) has compiled a wealth of information concerning Measles. They have launched a campaign to raise awareness about the risks associated with measles and the importance of prevention through vaccination. This Measles Awareness Toolkit includes short videos and infographics to share via social media.
Below are helpful resources your practice can use to educate and raise awareness about measles.
Measles Information from the NFID:
- Measles Information from the NFID:
- Overview of measles- symptoms, immunization, and treatment as well as resources and links to more information.
- Measles and Children:
- Detailed information on the danger of measles infection for children
- Measles Awareness Toolkit:
- Includes PSAs and an infographic
- Measles Social Media Posts and Graphics:
- Videos to share as well as sound bites to repost.