The Ohio AAP is reaching out with an important update about the 2021 Annual Meeting. After careful consideration they have decided to move this year’s meeting to an all virtual format. The following factors listed below were top of mind as Ohio AAP continues to keep you, your family, Ohio AAP members and their patients and families as safe as possible:
- recent announcement of AAP’s NCE going virtual
- hospitals limiting of in-person CME events for their staff which will severely affect many member’s availability to attend
- weeks of reviewing COVID-19 data trends which continue to rise
With a COVID-19 vaccine still unavailable for ages 11 and under, and children becoming severely ill, Ohio AAP wants to make sure they are taking the necessary steps to protect our children. This years meeting will be exciting and informative that will include:
- Education on creating supportive and inclusive spaces within LGBTQ+ communities
- Addressing obesity, healthy eating, and physical activity post COVID-19
- Reviewing case studies of COVID-19 in children
- Ohio Advocacy in Action
- Case Studies in COVID-19: MIS-C, Long Haul and Complications
- 10 Articles that Can Change the Way You Practice
- Diagnosis, Management and Referral of Common GI Issues
The goal is retain the same level of education and networking experiences that makes Ohio AAP conference so special through innovative ideas and technology. We know this continues to be a challenging time for healthcare providers, and we remain incredibly appreciative of all you do and your care of Ohio’s children.
If you should have any questions or concerns please contact the Ohio AAP office at 614-846-6258 or via email at email@example.com.