The CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCRID) is hosting a webinar on Vaccinating Adults with Chronic Conditions. The webinar is Thursday, May 28, 2020, at 3:00pm ET. Three physicians will discuss strategies for increasing immunization rates among adults with conditions such as heart disease, lung disease, and diabetes. Adults with these and other chronic health conditions are at increased risk for complications from certain vaccine-preventable diseases and, as such, it is important that they are up-to-date on recommended vaccinations.
Objectives of the webinar are:
- Explain why vaccines are important for adults with chronic conditions.
- Describe adult vaccination coverage rates and vaccines recommended for adults with chronic conditions.
- Effectively communicate with adult patients about the importance of getting recommended vaccines to help manage their chronic condition.
- Analyze office procedures to reduce missed opportunities to vaccinate.
- Identify CDC educational resources for healthcare professionals and patients.